Having studied Mindfulness Meditation, when the situation allows, I use my teachings by incorporating the practice in the sessions. It is not always possible to change the situation we find ourselves in, we do have the choice and freedom to change the way we relate to our experience.
Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention moment-to-moment with awareness and acceptance to gain greater clarity.
• Focusing and noticing things as they truly are.
• Learning to relax the body and quiet the mind.
• Practicing new ways of thinking. Less judgement and expectations.
• A process of cultivating intimacy with one’s own states of mind.
• Cultivating a larger attention span for memory.
• Developing emotional stability.
MINDFULNESS can be achieved through meditation, but one can also practice Mindfulness through daily living. Simply focusing on the present moment and quieting your inner dialogue can help attain Mindfulness.
There are a number of approaches to practice Mindfulness including:
“Mindfulness is the way to individuality. It makes you a light unto yourself”